Pioneering a Naprapathic Movement in Alternative Medicine!
SUNM holds the honor of being the only licensed school of Naprapathic medicine in New Mexico and one of two licensed Naprapathic Medicine schools in the United States.
Additionally, SUNM has a working relationship with a respected Naprapthy school in Stokholm, Sweden. The two schools entered into an agreement to match their curriculum so as to ensure a high level of Naprapathic education and care in the U.S.
A brief history about the founder of Southwestern University of Naprapathic Medicine, Dr. Patrick Nuzzo:
- He and his wife, fellow Naprapath Kirsten LaVista, opened Naprapathic Medicine of New Mexico in 2004. They have served over 8000 citizens of New Mexico since then
- Single-handedly lobbied the New Mexico legislature and in 2004 his efforts resulted in the Naprapathic Practice Act (signed into law by Governor Richardson)
- Acquired a license for the Southwestern University of Naprapathic Medicine in 2006 and the school opened its doors in 2010.
- Made Naprapathic Treatments covered by most insurance companies in New Mexico
- Ultimately, Dr. Nuzzo aspires to see Naprapathic medicine licensed in 50 states with a potential of 10 to 15 schools in the U.S. (akin to the popularity of Chiropracty). Dr. Nuzzo’s overarching goal is to see 50,000 licensed Naprapaths serving American’s connective tissue needs.
Southwestern University of Naprapathic Medicine’s Mission
The mission of Southwestern University of Naprapathic Medicine is dedicated to preparing its students to successfully participate in the world of Complementary Manual Medicine through education and training using an approach that combines online and face-to-face activities. Naprapathic medicine is the premier health management leader in the field of drug-free manual medicine. Naprapaths treat stress, aches, and pains without the use of drugs.
Start your Complementary Medicine Journey Today…
As a catalyst for the Naprapathic movement, SUNM aims to advance the Complementary and Allied Health industry with the superior quality and professionalism of its graduates. If you’re ready for a rewarding career as a Naprapathic doctor, Contact Us and we’ll help you get started! Or give us a call at 1-505-467-8777 to speak to a friendly admissions counsellor today.