SUNM VIRTUAL CLASSROOM TECHNOLOGY REQUIREMENTS
During their program of study students virtually attend classes at the SUNM virtual campus through Moodle. The minimum system recommendations to access online courses are:
- CPU: 2 Gigahertz (GHz)
- Memory: 2 Gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 4 GB RAM (64-bit)
- Operating System: Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.7, iOS 6, Android 4
- Screen Resolution: 1024×768
- Browser: Internet Explorer 9, Chrome Current and (Current-1), Firefox Current and (Current-1), Safari 6
- Current and (Current-1) denotes that we support the current stable version of the browser and the version that preceded it. For example, if the current version of a browser is 24.x, we support the 24.x and 23.x versions.
- Browser Plugins: Flash Version 10.1
- Internet Connection:
- Large Video Chalkboard: 1.5Mbps dedicated download and 256Kbps dedicated upload
* Please keep in mind that these are minimum system recommendations and other environmental factors may impact your course delivery performance. Be sure to close all other tabs, browsers, and programs while streaming your content. It may also help to hard wire your Internet connection instead of using a wireless network connection. While the courses may run without issue in older operating systems and browser versions, these are not actively tested and we may not address bugs that appear when operating within these older environments.